Established in 2007, The Forum on Contemporary Issues in Society (FOCIS) is a special initiative designed to focus the university’s problem-solving resources on an eclectic range of topics important to the campus community and beyond. FOCIS lectures and related events bring together the institution’s teaching, research and service missions to advance the frontiers of knowledge, promote informed debate and encourage responsible citizenship in an increasingly fast-paced, interconnected and complex world.
- CitizenDetroit project to engage more residents in contributing to city decision-making and revitalization with $750,000 from Knight Foundation
- AllAfrica.com: Namibia: ECN to Use New Machines in All Elections
- Detroit Free Press: Senate gets a look today at 'grand bargain' for Detroit pensioners, DIA
- AllAfrica.com: Namibia: Operations Kick Off At Husab
- More News
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- CitizenDetroit Town Hall
- November 5 2015 at 12:00 PMThe Cathedral Church of St. PaulIrvin D. Reid and former councilwoman Sheila Cockrel invite you to join your neighbors for an evening that includes remarks from city administrators, a presentation from CitizenDetroit;sharing our Dinner and Dialogue session findings for citizen priorities, and a question and answer segment. Special Guests: Mike Duggan, Mayor Alexis Wiley, Chief of Staff Charlie Beckham, Group Executive - Neighborhoods Admission is free, but reservations are required. This is an exclusive event open to past participants only.A buffet dinner will be available from 5:30 - 6:30pm only.
- More Events