Established in 2007, The Forum on Contemporary Issues in Society (FOCIS) is a special initiative designed to focus the university’s problem-solving resources on an eclectic range of topics important to the campus community and beyond. FOCIS lectures and related events bring together the institution’s teaching, research and service missions to advance the frontiers of knowledge, promote informed debate and encourage responsible citizenship in an increasingly fast-paced, interconnected and complex world.
- CitizenDetroit project to engage more residents in contributing to city decision-making and revitalization with $750,000 from Knight Foundation
- AllAfrica.com: Namibia: ECN to Use New Machines in All Elections
- Detroit Free Press: Senate gets a look today at 'grand bargain' for Detroit pensioners, DIA
- AllAfrica.com: Namibia: Operations Kick Off At Husab
- More News
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- CitizenDetroit Dinner and Dialogue Event
- October 8 2015 at 6:00 PMThe Cathedral Church of St. PaulDetroit's bankrupcty is over, but the city's budget remains tight. If you were the mayor or a city council member, what would you do? How would YOU spend Detroit's limited dollars? Irvin D. Reid and former councilwoman Sheila Cockrel invite you to join your neighbors for dinner and a community discussion about your priorities for the city. Admission is free, but reservations are required. To attend, RSVP online or call 313-577-5550 by Oct. 5.
- More Events