For more information about the course, contact Dr. Sharon Lean at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Solid academic standing (junior or senior status in Fall 2011 preferred but not essential)
- Valid passport (or commitment to obtain one by July 2011)
- A commitment to attend every class session beginning August 22, 2011, including sessions that may fall outside the regular schedule
- Ability to travel for up to two weeks during the fall semester. This means that you will be missing some of your other classes. We will provide a letter of support to help you ask your other instructors to accommodate your absence, but you must obtain their consent in order to travel for this course
- Ability to contribute $2,000 to the costs of the trip and/or to apply for range of financial resources. Your contribution will cover roundtrip airfare, lodging, group excursions, local transportation. Your contribution does not cover daily meals, personal expenses, passport and visa processing fees, tuition or vaccinations.
RESOURCES: Univeristy of Liberia
CIA Factbook for Liberia
Government portal for Liberia
Liberia National Elections Commission
Carter Center: Liberia